The Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love. Psalm 147:11
Do you choose hope in the midst of the storm? Today we can place our hope not in what we see, but in the unfailing love of God. Hope is a positive and potent spiritual practice with the power to pull us through difficult times. It is usually described with light metaphors such as a ray, a beam, a glimmer of hope; the break in the clouds; the light at the end of the dark tunnel. It is often discovered in unexpected places as well.
I choose to make the rest of my life the best of my life. -Louise Hay
Do you choose hope when experiencing negative obstacles in life? It’s a terrible thing to lose hope. Some of us are there right now in this very moment. Some of us have broken souls and some have broken hearts. Still others experience low places of doubt and struggle, wondering why God seems to have stopped listening to us and loving us.
Here are 8 suggestions to give you hope again during your time of distress:
1. Acceptance – Accept people for who they are, not for what they do.
2. Love – Tell people how much you love them.
3. Appreciation – Express thanks to others for their accomplishments.
4. Approval – Affirming a person and acknowledging the importance of the relationship.
5. Connection – Spend quality time with others and really listening to them from your heart.
6. Encouragement – Urge people to hang in there and to push toward their goals.
7. Respect – Honoring and regarding others as important.
8. Support – Use your personal resources to help someone in their time of need.
I don’t know what you face right now, friend, but I do know that while we may lose a few battles in life while living on this earth, we will win the ultimate reward which is eternal life with Jesus Christ so choose hope on today.