For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death. (Psalm 48:14)
As we read and study God’s Word we are reminded of God’s guidance throughout our lives. God is our Heavenly Father and God is our Shepherd who leads us daily. God wants his children to follow the path that leads to joy and contentment. When we pray for God’s guidance and for discernment through the Holy Spirit, we can rest assured that God will provide wisdom to his children.
Here’s some spiritual ways to find genuine Godly guidance within our lives:
• Cleansing – It is important to examine our own lives. What in my life will hinder me from seeing or receiving God’s guidance?
• Surrendering – You have to surrender your will to God and you must bring your will under submission to His.
• Asking – Understand that you can ask anything according to God’s will and he hears us.
• Meditating on God’s Word – God often times use His word to reveal things to His children.
• Believing – Have faith in God and believe that God will answer your prayer. Then, give you the necessary guidance to make it through your situation.
• Waiting – Be patient and remember that it is not our timing, but God’s timing.
• Receiving – God has our best interest at heart so always be prayerful and listen for His response.
As you can see, there is no need to worry about our next step or about what tomorrow will bring because we know who guides our every step. Remember, don’t rush your day without going into your quiet place to seek guidance from God.