Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. (II Peter 1:4 NIV)
Did you know that people who believe God’s promises have an advantage over people who don’t? If you read and study the Word of God, you will find that for every problem in life, God has given us a promise. When struggles threaten our lives, it is important to find hope by not only reading God’s Word, but also focusing on God’s promises.
Here’s a few of God’s promises that can be found in the Word of God:
• You will know God (See Hebrews 8:11) – It’s important to realize that we can know God’s heart, his joy, his passion, his plan, and his sorrows.
• You are made right by faith (See Romans 4:16) – God’s promise to us is salvation by faith. Make sure to increase your faith and stand on God’s promise.
• God will guide you (See John 20:30-31) – As you read God’s Word, make sure to trust God’s promise that he will show you the way you should go.
• You are an heir of God (See Romans 8:16-17) – You are an heir of God and have divine resources deposited in your heart.
• God is near (See Judges 6:12) – Always remember that God is with you throughout your journey.
Some of God’s promises are positive which are the assurance of blessings, and others are negative which are the guaranteed consequences. However, all are binding, for not only is God a promise maker; God is a promise keeper.