They always say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. What about God? We can do nothing without Him.
So, if you are in a funk, do something good for someone else. You will automatically feel better letting God's goodness go in you and through you. The bible even says you will get double for your trouble.
What are some popular ways?
1. Pay It Forward This is a wonderful idea, but some of us do not always have the money to do so.
2. Random Acts of Kindness This is another wonderful idea, not always requiring money but about being creative.
3. Volunteering There are 100's of ways to volunteer. Looking for something specific? Search on-line.
What are some lesser known ways?
1. Extreme Couponing This is the latest craze! Look up the phrase "Extreme Couponing" on YouTube attached with your favorite dollar store name for more instruction. Even if you cannot use an item, get it for free or close to free and give to someone in need.
2. Yard Sales Every summer, people go wild at these events. Do you see something you could buy to give to a person in need?
3. Go Through Your Personal Closets and Cupboards Do you have gently used clothing? Do you have canned goods not past their expiration dates? Give the clothes to the Salvation Army. Give the canned goods to your local food pantry.
Let God be your famiy physician, not the devil. Now do you feel better?