Put on your new nature and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. Colossians 3:10 NLT
Meditate can be defined as a thought or activity to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state. Remember, practice makes perfect so make sure to meditate every day. It’s important to start with good breathing techniques when doing your meditation.
In addition, create a peaceful and safe space where you will not be distracted during your meditation. When we say “meditate,” we generally mean to choose what we want to think about and roll it over and over in our minds until it becomes a part of us. You will never do what you need to do until you think what you need to think. God’s Word will renew your mind, so love the Word, live the Word, speak the Word, meditate on the Word and things will begin to change.
Benefits of meditation includes, but not limited to:
• Reduces stress and anxiety
• Reduces impulsiveness, cravings, and addictions
• Increases resilience in hard times
• Increases happiness and optimism
• Helps create loving, harmonious relationships
• Increases focus, creativity, and life satisfaction
• Increases memory, compassion, and productivity
• Produces a deep state of peace and well-being
As I meditate on God’s Word, my thoughts begin to change and then my life will change. Be peaceful, be happy, be whole.