The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So, the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.” (Luke 1:35)
Season’s Greetings, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas! However, you decide to greet others during this holiday season is up to you, but always remember, the greatest gift you can ever own is not found in the shops or under your Christmas tree. It is found in the hearts of your loving family and your true friends. This should be a special time of the year filled with happiness and peace. Finding time to share joy and positive memories with family and friends. Don’t forget about those who are less fortunate than us. Sacrifice your time by serving people in need at your local homeless shelter, foster care agencies, nursing homes or hospitals. Visit some of your neighbors and make sure that your elderly neighbors have healthy meals for the holidays as well. Also, don’t forget to send monetary donations to your favorite charities. Jesus isn’t just the reason for this season. He’s the reason for every single day of our life.
Today be thankful and think how rich you are. Your family is priceless, your time is gold, and your health is wealth. – Zig Ziglar
REASONS WHY JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON
• We should celebrate Jesus Christ because He is the ultimate gift to the world (Romans 5:15)
• His love inspires people to be extra kind and giving this time of year that’s why you give special gifts to those you love and cherish (I John 3:16)
• It’s a time of year where we can all be like little children, just like He taught (Matthew 18:2-5)
• Christmas lights remind us that He is the Light of the world (John 8:12)
• We can be of good cheer and full of hope because He came to save us (John 3:16)
• Everybody loves when a baby is born, but none has changed the world as Jesus has (Matthew 1:21)
The beauty of Christmas is not in the presents but in His presence.
I hope you consider these reasons noted as you celebrate during the Christmas Holiday. Sometimes we get caught up in spending money and shopping for just the right gift, not realizing the best gift was already given so many years ago, Jesus Christ. Have a blessed holiday season!
Copyright 2012,2013,2014 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226.