And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; He is the Spirit of truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it does not see Him, neither do they know Him: but you know him; for he dwells with you and shall be in you. (John 14:16-17)
The Holy Spirit is the third part of the Godhead, the third portion of the Divine Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The Holy Spirit is the Comforter sent by Jesus to dwell in us and to comfort our souls during challenging times in life, such as the death of loved one, divorce, losing a job, etc.
Hereís the seven attributes of the Holy Spirit:
1. The Holy Spirit is a loving Comforter. He has loved us since before the creation of the world. Remember, he is the only one able to truly comfort our hearts in times of trouble. (see Romans 5:5)
2. The Holy Spirit is a faithful Comforter. Remember, he loved us while we were still dead in our sins. He loves us even to the end and will never turn away from us. (see Romans 15:13)
3. The Holy Spirit is an untiring Comforter. Despite our murmuring and complaining, he never loses heart or feels weary while helping us work through our issues. (see John 14:26)
4. The Holy Spirit is a wise Comforter. He finds what is causing the disease within you and cures it. He offers healing to us that is acceptable in the eyes of God. (see I Corinthians 2:10)
5. The Holy Spirit is a safe Comforter. The comfort of the Holy Spirit is safe for us to rest in it as well as trust it. (see I Corinthians 2:13)
6. The Holy Spirit is an active Comforter. He intercedes for us, reminding us of Godís great promises and His grace. He actively leads and guides us to the perfect will of the Father. (see Romans 8:26-27)
7. The Holy Spirit is an ever present Comforter. He is always right there with us. Remember, he will never leave us alone, nor forsake us. (See John 14:16)
We should be so grateful that Jesus thought so much of us, to give us the wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit lives within us and will guide you through the challenges of life. Get a better understanding of the seven attributes of the Holy Spirit and hide the scriptures in your heart.