The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit (Proverbs 18:21 NIV)
From the beginning of time, God has given us an amazing power through the use of our words. God created the world with the words He spoke, and we also have creative power with the words that we speak. Now, let’s think about that for a moment. Even if we are not where we want to be in life, we can begin speaking the right words consistently, which brings the power of God into our lives to save, heal and deliver. Remember, every word that we speak offers life or death.
Here’s some scriptures related to speaking things into existence:
• If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. (Matthew 21:22 NIV)
• So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11 NIV)
• Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. (Mark 11:23 NIV)
• Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ (Matthew 4:4 NIV)
• “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. (I Peter 3:10)
Always speak life into your situation and to your future. Words are powerful, and words can move mountains out of your life. Because words have power, it is important to be intentional with what we speak. Our words, whether positive or negative, are shaping our lives into existence.