I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20 NIV)
Striving for spiritual victory is not an easy task. Whether you have been in ministry for many years or just accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior last Sunday, it takes a personal commitment to reach spiritual victory in your life.
There are three elements that are crucial for Christians to achieve ongoing spiritual victory.
• Perspective – Know who you are in Christ. Realize that you are a new person and see your sin differently. You are united with Jesus Christ and the power of your sinful nature is now broken.
• Presence – Know that you are not alone in your every day struggles. Jesus Christ is always beside you to build you up when life tears you down and accepts you for who you are.
• Power – You have the power of the risen Jesus Christ living within you at all times. When you’re tempted by sin, you can turn to Jesus Christ and utilize His power for your own personal victory.
In addition, here’s some important ways you can strive for spiritual victory in your life:
• Pray about your problem.
• Proclaim the truth of who God is.
• Gain perspective from God’s Word.
• Ponder the promises of God.
• Praise the God at all times.
• Receive provision from God.
• Enjoy the peace of God.
It’s important to analyze your attitude and your actions because they both help define who you are. The power of the resurrected Christ is present in every believer. When in doubt, read your scriptures and begin to pray. Then, sit back and watch your spiritual victory spring forth right before your very eyes. Be blessed!