No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
While living on Earth, we will always experience negative weapons, such as poverty, unemployment, sickness, disease, hatred, lies, gossip, financial problems, depression, physical or verbal abuse, death, etc. that may form against us. However, the Bible promises those weapons will not prosper within our lives.
Here’s some spiritual weapons that we can use to fight the enemy or negative weapons:
• Faith – Begin to personalize your faith and believe God will come through for you in His time, not yours. Believe you have boldness and confidence in the Lord and that you no longer have to be afraid of the enemy. This type of faith is unshakeable. Use your faith to overcome the schemes of the devil. (see Ephesians 2:8 and Hebrews 11:1)
• Prayer – Prayer is essential to a Christian’s life. Prayer is communication and dialogue with God. You talk to God, He listens to you. He talks to you, and you listen to Him. If we want to win the battles we’re facing, we need to pray without ceasing. (see Matthew 21:22 and John 16:23-24)
• Fasting – Jesus told His disciples certain things only come through prayer and fasting. Remember, fasting means fasting from food, not electronics or extracurricular activities. (see Mark 9:29)
• The Bible – Knowing the Bible, speaking God’s Word, and applying its instructions to the various situations you encounter in your walk with Jesus Christ are of utmost importance. (see Romans 1:16 and Hebrews 4:12)
• Fellowship – Fellowship with other Spirit-filled, Spirit-led believers is another weapon in our arsenal. When we’re facing trials, tests and temptations, we often stop coming to church and fail to fellowship with other believers. Remember, it is important to make friends with those who are chasing after God, so we can build our own strength.
So, what are you going through on today? Despite life’s many challenges, stand with your shield of faith ready to fight any battle that comes your way. Be ready, willing, and able to win the battle waging against you using the spiritual weapons – faith, prayer, fasting, the Bible and fellowship.