The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. (Luke 4:18-19 NIV)
Attending church service week after week is one thing, but actually feeling the anointing of God throughout your body is an enlightening experience in itself. Christ means the “Anointed One”, so because Christ is in us the same anointing that he had on earth we also have. The anointing of the Holy Spirit is given through people to demonstrate God’s love and power. The anointing of the Holy Spirit is given to preach the Gospel to the poor and to bring the revelation of God’s love to those who are seeking.
Here’s some of the benefits of the anointing throughout the Word of God:
• The anointing is given to preach the Gospel to the poor. (See Matthew 5:3)
• The anointing is given to heal and restore people. (See Acts 10:36)
• The anointing is given to proclaim freedom of the captives. (See 2 Timothy 2:24-26)
• The anointing is given to open blind eyes. (See 2 Corinthians 4:3-4)
• The anointing is given to set people free. (See Isaiah 10:27)
• The anointing flows in God’s timing and proclaims God’s timing. (See Ephesians 2:10)
• The anointing of the Holy Spirit is a gift from God. (See John 4:10)
• The anointing gives wisdom. (See 1 John 2:20)
The anointing is sacred, the anointing is the Holy Spirit, and all believers in Christ have the anointing of the Holy Spirit. God’s anointing flows to those who are hungry for a touch from the Holy Spirit. As we open our hearts to love other people God’s anointing flows through us. When we close our hearts to others and grieve the Holy Spirit the flow stops.