Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the Lord. “There are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word. (Isaiah 66:2 NIV)
God’s favor can be described as “tangible evidence that a person has the approval of the Lord.” God shows favor to the people who delight in, connect with, and give honor to Him. God seeks out those who love Him and love His commandments so that He can bless, guide, and protect them.
Here’s the truths about God’s favor:
• God’s favor is God’s grace. God’s favor is the reason you and I are saved. We are saved by God’s favor and His grace.
• God’s favor affects every area of life. Every part of your life is impacted by the grace and favor of God. This means you are delivered, protected, preserved, healed and made whole.
• God began showing you His favor even before you were born again. Salvation is the greatest expression of God’s favor in our lives. God continues to pour out grace and more favor to us every moment of our lives, if we only receive it.
• God’s favor surrounds you continually. As a born again Christian, you have been made righteous by Jesus and that righteousness came with God’s favor which surrounds you continually.
• You must realize and accept God’s favor to experience it fully. Before you can receive the benefits from God’s favor, you must know that they are yours to begin with. Just as with every other spiritual benefit, you must receive them by faith.
God’s favor was available to us even before we were born. Now that we are born again Christians, God’s favor toward us has grown. God’s favor is yours now and forever.